The Accident:

On 23 Dec, Stacey Fleener was involved in a serious car accident. Amanda, their 16 year old foster child, was killed; Stacey remains in critical condition. With head trauma, broken vertebrae and broken ribs, Stacey has a long road to recovery. As an avid runner, Stacey is accustomed to working hard for a goal. For Stacey's family, this challenge may be one which lasts for weeks and months to come.

Thanks to the community who has already offered a variety of meals, child care and other means of assistance. On behalf of the family, we hope that we can provide some simple assistance to help Stacey's husband Clair, 11 year old daughter Lainey and 8 year old son Graham pull through this tough time.

Monday, January 12, 2009

2 Feb

Some of you have asked about additional meal schedules.  I don't mean to interrupt Clair's messages but have added an additional two weeks to the schedule.  We'll keep adding small increments so folks don't forget their date.  Thanks to all who have been supportive in doing this. Just click on the comment link to sign up for that evening- we just need one!  The cooler is on the front porch if you want to drop something off.  If you can't seem to add the comment, opt to "preview" it and then it seems to be willing to post it...  If not, let me know and I'll put you in the schedule.  Thanks again!  Sharon

4 comments:

  1. I think there is a hidden "feature" of the blog that requires everyone to have a gmail address? I couldn't figure it out without using my gmail account, but after all I was the first in my family to walk upright without dragging my knuckles on the floor of the cave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure Clair - if you select GoogleID as your profile, it doesn't ask for a google address, just for the person to put in a "confirmation code" which is broadcast to the user. Of course, I have a google ID on my computer, so I really don't know - I'm guessing. We have to continue to look into it. - Drew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clair

    Turns out there was a setting on the blog dashboard that allows people to log into it and comment w/o having an address. I initially selected that setting, but I had to select it again. It should be good to go now. - Drew

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a little trouble volunteering for a meal today, but I just clicked on anonymous twice and it let me. I hope that helps anyone who was having trouble. Linda

    ReplyDelete